Eagle River Weather

Thursday, July 17, 2008

We are connected.

I'm typing this blog from the comfort of the loft of my yurt. This is the first time we've had Internet up here. Sweet civilization. Here is how we are getting our electricity, a gas powered generator.

It has been a busy week here. We painted, have been putting together lots of furniture and working on electrical stuff. Here is what the inside of the yurt looks like now.

We also have a mattress now. it's the first time Nicki and I have slept on a real bed in two months. Here is a picture of Nicki all ready for bed.


I also have taken on a new hobby. Chainsaw carving. here is my first project - a chair for Leo.


Leo and I did a small hike further up the valley from and looked back and could see the yurt. It is on the hill behind the trees behind the wooden viewing deck. I'll try to repost this picture later on and circle the yurt on the picture.
I zoomed in on the yurt on this photo.

No comments: