Eagle River Weather

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Decks, Bears, and Kids

Our contractor just got done building a beautiful deck and railing around the yurt. It is now enclosed enough that we can let Leo run free out there and not worry about him falling off.



This morning, I luckily got up a little earlier because I got to see my first black bear on our property. I was standing on the mountainside of the deck and there it was on the road below us.



Leo got to see the bear too. Here he is on a recent canoeing adventure pouring one out for his homies and the bear.



And lastly, here is Leo playing in the mud and becoming a real Alaskan baby

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give that kid a haircut, jeez! I know it's getting chilly, but he has more hair than skin at this point.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an amazing adventure! And a beautiful kid (belated congratulations)! I wish you both all the best!

eve said...

That is one heck of a cute kid.