Eagle River Weather

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Snow, Moose, and Phonelines

The snow line has been dropping nearly everyday and is currently about 2000 feet above the yurt. Ski time!! I told a friend recently that I was thinking of hiking up and skiing something. He said, "Dude, winter lasts 7 months up here. No need to rush." He's probably right. I'll just let the snow come to me. New winter project: Splitboarding. Here is a picture of the snow across the valley from our yurt.


This morning we were visited by a family of moose. I never knew they traveled in herds, but a herd of them (5) walked behind our shed this morning. You can see two of them here. It might be a bit like playing I spy.



You see that white line running across the ground behind these two bull moose in the next picture. Yeah that is my temporary phone line, and when they decided to leave they both got tangled up in it (one with it's horns) and snapped it in two places. I was so enthralled with the imminent demise of my phone line I forgot to take a video. It was pretty funny......until I had no phone service.


Here is one of my splices. And yes the phone is working once again.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its leo's teacher mrs. heather. i just wanted to say thank you for sharing all of this with me. it is amazing. you have a smart wonderful son. i am glad i get to be a part of shaping his little mind! thanks!